During January I like to think, as I believe a good many of us do, about goals for the coming year. I like to do a little bit of planning and assess where I am at right now.
There are a number of things I really want to do this year;
- Make wire chairs and beds for my dolls.
- Complete a porcelain Ball Jointed Doll (BJD). I have wanted to make a clay BJD since I first laid eyes on them what must be over 5 years ago now, and I never quite get it to the front of the queue. This year I intend that to be different.
- Make teddies using sawdust for stuffing (my first is already well underway)
- Make a little red riding hood, not sure why, but she is getting quite insistent up in there in my head.
- Make a princess and the pea (hence the wire bed)
There are also things I should be doing this year;
- Write blog posts regularly again. I do actually enjoy them. And I like writing which is why they usually get too long. But I have some sort of block about starting quite a bit of the time. Inner gremlins!
- Send out newsletters, apologies to those of you on my mailing list. This is a lot like blogs above and just about getting started. But being on the newsletter list is suppose to give you an advantage over just social media. You should get to see useful information and new dolls. It’s only any good if I actually do them.
- And a bit more boringly keeping my workspace tidy. This is an ongoing battle as you will know if you have followed me for any length of time. But for work in progress photos and videos it is essential.
So then with 24 hours in a day that should all be very possible, shouldn’t it??
We will see when I look back at the end of the year; hopefully with a beautiful Ball Jointed Doll at my side.
And while we are in sharing mode;
I also have decided to try my hand at having a word for the year. Around this time of year there is a lot of talk about ‘Word for the Year’ in various Facebook groups that I am in. So this year I decided to give it a go and while reading a post where lots of people had put their choices, I saw someone had chosen ‘BLOOM’. I immediately took to it and after dwelling on it for a while I have decided to take it as my word for this year. I would like to concentrate on blooming as an artist, having my artistic voice bloom and be in blooming good health. It fits all areas of life and feels very appropriate. I have chosen it, not sure what to do next though. I guess I will just try to keep it in the front of my mind as I go through the year.
May everything you try this year bloom beautifully.